Whether school is in-person or virtual, Well Child school nurses protect and promote student health, enable optimal development, and advance academic success.
They bridge health care and education, provide care coordination, advocate for student-centered care, and collaborate to design systems that allow individuals and communities to develop their full potential.
- Audit and assist in compiling student health records, including immunization certificates
- Monitor school compliance with CDC, Tennessee Department of Education’s Coordinated School Health, and local health department guidelines
- Provide health education on various topics to students, parents, faculty, and staff, in person and virtually
- Serve as a resource for students, family, and school staff for any COVID-19 questions or concerns
- Assist staff with temperature and COVID-19 screening protocols upon entry